I would like to welcome new entering classes of Jan-Jun 2014 session and for the new comers, welcome to IKM Lumut family. Congratulations on your decision to join IKM Lumut! I really hope you can perform well in your English class. Let’s make 2014 the year to be better and be more creative in your writing. Therefore, this blog was created to serve as a hub to improve your writing skills and I am looking forward to read your pieces of writing in this blog. So, I would like to start off this semester by posting one question.
Do you think writing is considered as the most difficult skill for language learners?


I don't think so. Even so, at the early it may seems pretty hard to write down, but it may take us several writing exercises before we will used to it. Secondly, there is some bombastic words that may to be put in to the writing line and I think that sure will makes student will learnt from it (new words). But still it takes some moment for a language learners to fully optimise their writing skills and get more better with it. Each peoples have different skills and capabilities So anyone have potential for this. =)
ReplyDeleteVery true Fikri...practice makes it perfect!! Writing, like all other aspects of language, is communicative. Think about what we write in real life. We write e-mails, lists, notes, covering letters, reports, assignments, essays, etc in daily. Meaning, we are already writers!
ReplyDeleteI agree with fikri. writing is a matter that should be the basis for every person who want to start a career. it is indeed a measure of ability in both English domination. proficiency in writing will be difficult if no effort and interest in learning English. with the interest and effort in mastering the English language would make a good foundation in writing. So we should start to raise interest in the subject English. if the effort and interest of course writing in the English language will be easy. with our master writing in English will be an advantage for us to advance in our careers.
ReplyDeleteGood blog..Good job teacher..Nice.....
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliments Fareast. You are indeed right. Effort and interest are important ingredients in improving your writing skills. Good writing skills can help you in life. If you’re trying to get a job, good writing skills make you more desirable to the employer. For instance, one of the first things an employer looks at is your cover letter or resume. If you have an interesting cover letter it could lead to an interview. So, your chance to get the job is higher!
ReplyDeletei think . writing is the best practice to learn english . cause when we are writing . we absoulutely wanna have a good word n true spelling . if don't u will find the true meaning word n try the best to find how to spell the word n the meaning
ReplyDeleteYou are on the right track Shamier. Writing can improve your English skills. For many students, learning to write good English is much more difficult than learning to speak. Even advanced level students face this problem. So, the most important is..never stop writing. Keep writing ya!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how to answer your question madam. For me, sometimes it is difficult and sometimes it is easier than you think. The problem to me is I don't have the confident to speak or to write it As i said to you in the PJE classroom, I need to manage and admin an international page about anime. So basically, I learned a lot english from there. Sorry for my bad language and spelling. Hope that madam can understand what I'm trying to say.
ReplyDeleteArifiin(SEP1)-sorata kanda-
Thanks for responding to my question Arifiin. You did mention that you don't have confidence to speak or write in English. You're not alone. Most writers, even those who make a living from their craft also lack confidence at times. Writing is, after all, a daunting thing to do. So to build your confidence in writing, my advices are - 1. practice writing regularly 2. Read widely 3. Learn about writing. These 3 tips might help you to improve your writing skills. You can start writing about your own experience. Our writing should inspire us and other people to do something about it. Passions make you go. All the best!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteKrikk Krikk
DeleteNo. 818 Lorong 27 Taman Berkat
ReplyDeleteTaiping,Perak
3 MARCH 2014
SentietWave Technology Sdn Bhd
C5-1,Jalan Selaman, Dataran Palma,
68000 Ampang,Selangor.
Dear sir/Madam
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF A FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATION DRAFTING
I wish to be considered as a candidate for the functional position advertised in the ”New Straits Times” dated 3 March 2013.
I am currently completing my training in mechanical engineering & drafting at Institut Kemahiran MARA Lumut.Im short,I believe that I have the skill in the drafting field and the professional drive needed to contribute to your firm.
If I am considered for the job,I shall be glad to attend an interview at any time convenient to you.
Yours faithfully
Nurul Amalina
NURUL AMALINA BINTI SHUKRI
Encl.Resume
I like the colour blue because it make me happy...(Muhd Afiq)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete